Wednesday, September 21, 2011

American Airlines- Doing what we do best!


AA, your favorite airlines to fly with within the United States of America! Are you sure? Here's what their slogan sound like:

"We know why you fly. We're American Airlines.
Something special in the air. Doing what we do best!"

Having said that, my experience with AA is the total opposite of what they strive for. When returning to the States end of this summer, not only did my flight get delayed, other tiny details also contributed to my bad experience. You'll see why as I explain. 

The Delay: I understand how delays are common and that many uncontrollable factors contribute to the delay. But this time, not only did the flight got delayed but there was no news of when the next possible flight would be. Wow, I chilled-out at the port for like what, 14 hours? And now you're telling me, "Erm, I'm not sure when you'll be flying again?" 

Customer Service: Obviously, I tried to find an AA rep to clarify my flight status and inquire about what I should be doing. Not only was she rude, she didn't even help me solve my flight issues at all? She can't even speak English decently. I expect those in the service sector should have the ability to communicate well? She was hispanic (no offence, if it were to be a Chinese, I would still say the same thing.) and oh with her hispanic-ish twang, it was so hard talking to her. I got fed up and went for the self-service telephone booth instead. Just so you know, I was super worried cause those who are to pick me up at the other end would be waiting in the morning and if my flight didn't make it, I would feel bad! 

Maybe: ....finally I got an answer! The operator said it was a gamble. "You might make it in time, there's a 10 minute transitional period between this and the next flight, you should be able to make it," she said. I was somewhat assured. But oh, later on the flight got delayed again for another 30 mintues. LOL. Oh, the anxiety playing AA's games. 

Run, this ain't just your flight!: After a long wait, the plane finally came and I boarded it. Then I arrived at Chicago and was supposed to catch the next "might make it" connector flight to Wichita. I walked with fast feet hunting down that one terminal- the doorway to Wichita! I knew I was running late but nevertheless I found the terminal. The officers were about to close the terminal door (which means that the plane's door were more a less shut already. But the officer shouted at me, and asked me to run all the way to the plane claiming that this flight wasn't my private flight and that there were others too. Wow, it was your company's fault to delay my flights and now I'm expected to run? Ok, I don't have a problem running, it's part of travelling especially when catching flights, but being rude? I think someone needs moral classes.

Broken!: I also had my guitar checked in and oh, when it came (few days later due to the delay), my glass guitar slide was broken!

Seriously, if you wanna fly AA next time, do think twice. All of my other friends that travel within the US also shares their crappies with me regarding AA's service. And honestly, I don't think AA knows why you wanna fly anyway. And by the way, what they do best is just simply not enough, at least for me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by The Pastries | Support for this Theme The Pastries