Friday, January 6, 2012

New Dragon Chinese Restaurant, Los Angeles

Chinatown, Los Angeles
As ya'll know, I took a trip to California to checkout Los Angeles and San Fransisco. So as soon as I reached there, I was hungry for some Chinese food. So I decided to head to Chinatown to hunt for food!

New Dragon Chinese Restaurant was where I ended up at. Bare in mind that at first sight, this shop may look a bit lame. It honestly looks like a lousy restaurant. The only thing that managed to lure me in was its price. It had lunch deals starting from $4.95! Isn't that awesome?! (Sorry I'm kinda like the cheap person so yeah cheap food is good).

Outside New Dragon Chinese Restaurant, LA
Chinatown LA wasn't too busy that day, in fact it was almost like a dead town. Nothing much going on there, just a regular routinal day at China.
Inside New Dragon Chinese Restaurant
Now there were quite a number of white people there eating and I quickly deduced that the food must have been of some kinda value for these fellow whites to travel into Chinatown to eat. So I sat down and...

Chinese tea

...and of course they served me the regular chinese tea that you would get at any Chinese restaurant for free. I do not have any comments on the tea as I am not the type that drinks tea. Tastes like normal tea, ok pass!

Beef brisket wanton noodles
Yeap, that was what I ordered. And, man I tell you it is either I'm too hungry or the chef behind the kitchen knows his stuff. This was awesome! The wanton were REAL wantons. LOL, the wantons encapsulated shrimps which was yummy! Like real big shrimps....You know, the ones we get back at Malaysia usually do not contain shrimps (which is kinda a sad thing!). The beef was good but I didn't enjoy the fat as it made me chew chew chew and chew...The soup was to the right taste and the wanton noodles was of decent texture. Presentation was ok very normal Chinese home-style presentation. It was priced just right if not, below right at $6.50 per bowl. It was indeed a feast of quantity and quality. Now the waitress couldn't communicate clearly in English and that was a minus. But I guess after all, we're in Chinatown, right?

Caught on camera!
And that would be me attacking the noodles. ;) 

Price: 8/10 (For LA, this is a pretty good deal considering the amount I got) 
Service: 6/10 (Waitress was helpful and had a smile all the time but oh well, couldn't communicate fluently) 
Environment: 5/10 (Why do you think it is a 5? Cause it is normal and decent. Simply put, it is a 5!)
Food: 8/10 (I want to go back there now! T.T)
Comments: If you happen to drop by LA, don't forget to drop by this place. If I stayed nearby, I would totally come here everyday for my meals. Not even kidding. 

1 comments:

Miss Woon said...

Yummy :D

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by The Pastries | Support for this Theme The Pastries